Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackvier
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense 2.1.1 import extensions error

I try to import from 3 different server and is the same error "error in zip format", im use the any branch extensions and is the same error.

error-branch.png

10 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Javier

This is a known issue, it seems certain mime types are not allowed in the .zip file. They are working on this as we speak. The work-around is to remove all files from the .zip that are not allowed. I will update you with the actual allowed list, but look for files that are not .css, .js etc.

Let me know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

in addition to mto‌'s mail. Try to remove the files meeting the following criteria:

• File extension
    • .md
    • .markdown
    • .less
  • Files without content (e.g. .gitignore, etc.)
  • Files without file extension (e.g. LICENSE)
  • Folders starting with a . (e.g. ".idea", ".git", etc.)

Hope this helps, if not, please let me know, we are just about to test the fix for 2.1.1 and I am eager to understand which other file types are not accepted but typically used in extensions.

Regards

Stefan

--

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so our team and other members know that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Forgot to mention, we are planning to approach this issue by providing two tools:

• An official one to path the Qlik Sense server that it will allow again those files to be included in the extension import
  • An unofficial one (published on GitHub) to check that an extension works for sure on servers which are not patched ... so this tool would more be for extension developers

As I am writing these lines, we are about to test these approaches and they should be published next week.

Regards

Stefan

jackvier
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I delete all files, only use: js, css.wdl, qext.

But is the same problem.

qlik-sense-dygraphs.png

jackvier
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I try 2 way:

1) compress folder and import into the qmc.

2) copy files in the folder: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Extensions

Is the same, i don't import a new extension in version 2.1.1

Regards,

Javier

tlorimier
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

We got the same problem with our extension.

The file blocking the import was :

- The licence file (.lic)

- The cursor file (.cur)

- The font file (.eot)

In fact I think the server is expecting only file extension that he know : css/js/png/jpg/qext/wbl all other file are not allowed on the server. Txt file is fine for the server.

Are they a list of all the allowed file extension ?

jackvier
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yeah, but don't work.

This link:

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?613-Data-Overviewer

only have a js/css/wbl/qext files, but don´t import from qlik sense server 2.1.1

you have one that does work ?

brucearmstrong
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

It's got a .gitignore file and other git related files in there.  I found that the upload doesn't like git artifacts either.

Try taking out README.md and the .gitignore file and it should load.