Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data-comparision

Hi dear Community,

i have a comparison-data-load-problem. I must load monthly project-data in form of excel-files.Therefor i must compare the field "actual cost" with each file. so for example i have the month July and June. In June the actual cost was about 1000 $ and in July about 1500$ dollar. So when i add loading the new monthly excel-file for July, then the programm should replace the old fieldvalue of actual cost(from June) which was about 1000$ and should set an new fieldvalue with the new value of 1500$.

Can i anybody help me please by solving my problem?

25 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

Following scenarion insert and update and delete in existing QVD.

Load * From NewData;

concatenate

Load * from Historicaldata

where not exist (PKey);

Not applicable
Author

oh,

thank you sunil jain for your suggestion.

Regards

Dilan

Not applicable
Author

Dear Bhushan,

thank you very much for helping me again and again...i will try this way you suggest, i hope it will function:)

Thank you!

Cheers,

Dilan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bhushan,

again it´s me:)

So 1) where must i insert my expression that i´m creating ( by the "script" option?)

2) after i have create an expression like for example (if projectcost actual- projectcost plan<1000) where must i insert the chart? is the chart independent of the expression or are they coherent?

3) i´m not sure with the linking up between the expression i create and the chart i create

perhaps you can help me on?

cheers

Dilan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dilan ,

check this one .

Regards,

Bhushan N

Not applicable
Author

hi again:)

I try this way:

1. after the loading order (by scripting) i set a order like : let a=projectcost_actual - projectcost_plan ( to get the difference between these both values)

2. then i set the properties for the expressions, for the chart like this:

a) Label "Difference" express the field "a", so i enter this " sum($a)" ( i write this by the "Definition of the Label"

b) Label "Tag" expresses the Red, yellow or green status by this definition ( and i save this as a image like you show me)

if (a <= 1000, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/exclamation_r.png')

xor

if (a >1000,'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/exclamation_y.png')

so i have now the problem, that the difference between the field values doesn´t apperar in the chart and that the Tag doesn´t appear in the right color

have you got a idea to solve this problems?

Thank you very much for helping:)

cheers

dilan