Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to control that QV-Server / QV Services running

Hello ,

I'm wondering how it would be possible to control that all QV-services running fine as well as the server itself.

Why? So far we set up the alert emails which will inform us if a job failed. Fine so far.

But how will I get informed (by email) that a QV-service on the server is in trouble or the memory ressources are running out?

We still struggling w/ the effect that esp. the QV Directory ServiceConnector seems to keep growing in used ressources until the avail. memory is to small for QV. Just a restart of this service will solve that issue (for a while).

The idea is that QV monitors itselfs basic conditions and send alerts if certain parameters are crossed.

Thanks.

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Might want to look at Microsoft SMS service for this or search for some third party monitoring software.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

In version 10 and forward, Qlikview has built in SNMP support (experimental). You can use these or as bbt says use the built in microsoft snmp/sms services.

Not applicable
Author

you can built .net application to connect to QVS web services and find out everything, I've built one to check and maintain qvs automatically, so if everything goes wrong the application will send an email and restarting the services if needed