Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Trouble synchronizing the figures displayed in different objects ...

Hi,

I have, in an app I am currently building, two objects:

- A straight_table chart and

- a gauge_chart

and I am trying to synchronize them in that they should display as exactly as possible the same figures.

Logical, isn't it?`Sounds easy, too - well, so one should think ...

It is not. The figures were even quite far apart. I have by now removed one calculated dimension from the chart that the gauge did not have and removed the tick "suppress NULL values" for another dimension and realized that the figures came closer.

To do that, I calculated a flag_field in one of my tables to tell whether or not a specific record in the table is linked to any in the other table. I used an EXISTS() function for that to check whether the keyfield used to link the two tables exists in a copy of the keyfield in the other table. That seems to work quite well.

Now, the figures are quite close - the chart shows a final ratio of 71.33 % and the gauge shows 70.2 % which isn't bad - but still not ideal if there is any way to fix it. That can't be rounding errors - well, several rounding errors could stack up to that difference ...

Can you tell me what that could be due to?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

41 Replies
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

it will be depend if it's worth to make the efforts to implement (which degree of) such complex data-quality monitoring. We have also some poor processes and people which are responsible for them for many years and which should and must know them ask each time there is pressure and focus on certain results why the numbers from there and there are different. Then you will explain again and again that we have poor processes and that they are comparing apples and oranges and they will say very exited: That must not be! But in the end nothing will be changed and in few month starts the next time the "Groundhog Day" ...

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author