Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey guys - I know you will love this blog and video as much as I enjoyed making it; working with this really smart feature in the Qlik Sense April 2018 release. Here I will present a new feature made available in Qlik Sense April 2018, Chart Suggestions / Recommendations. If you have tried the Qlik Sense 2018 Technical Preview, then you have already got a glimpse of the power of the new Cognitive Engine. In my opinion the best part of this release are the new capabilities and future possibilities brought about by the new Cognitive Engine. Its main purpose is to streamline and enhance the analytics creation experience - taking you from data to insight in a matter of seconds / minutes. In short the Cognitive Engine leverages best practices, augmented intelligence and perhaps a little elf magic - along with your loaded data, to not only recommend data model associations BUT also suggests the best visualization for your data. All you need to do is drag and drop measures and dimensions either on to the design canvas or chart objects and the suggested visualization will display -  best depicting your data (no magic words required).  Allowing users to focus their efforts on gaining insight instead of building charts. Let me give you a quick demonstration.

You can try this right now in Qlik Sense Cloud!

Can't see the video? YouTube blocked by your region or office? Download the .mp4 to watch on your computer or mobile device.

Sample data attached.

9 Comments