Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

API to launch job Talend Administration Center / Job Conductor

We're using Talend Enterprise Data Integration. We're building defining jobs and will launch them as web services. In order for them to run outside of Studio, I can save them in SVN and define them in Job Conductor, or I can export them to .WAR files, place them in the tomcat server folder and then launch them via HTTP Get.
I like the benefits of Talend Administration Center / Job Conductor (admin UI, history, tracking, etc.) but I need to launch the job via a web service call. It looks like there's an API at http://localhost:8080/org.talend.administrator/services/AdministratorWebService?wsdl but does anyone have samples, or docs on how to use it?
Thanks.
Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This question looks like it should be under Talend Enterprise Edition rather than Open Source forum.
I have not done this but did look into it once. How to do this is not documented, but I did find a post about how to do it. Unfortunately I cannot find that post now. I recall that there were two things that needed to happen:
1. Put all of your job launch parameters into JSON - same as if you were using the command line interface.
2. 64 bit UUENCODE the JSON and send it to the web service.
I never attempted this so not sure if it works. Let us know how it works out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is a component tRunTask which does exactly this. Try this component:
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/index.php?eid=894&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
I use this component in a standalone job which as triggered or embedded in a external application.
Inside the component section there is also a documentation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the pointer to tRunTask - it's exactly what I needed. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.
-Steve
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good news.. the tRunTask works as advertised. The job runs and I see the Last Run date updated correctly in Job Conductor. Very nice.
Bad news... the job run doesn't show up in the Task Execution Monitoring grid view. I only see jobs that I initiate through TAC / Job Conductor.
Is this a limitation of tRunTask or do you think something is reconfigured?
Thanks again!
-Steve
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Problem with viewing jobs was on my side. All set now. Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

could anyone help me to run a talend data integration job via an android data collection app