Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tloray
Contributor
Contributor

Deprecated monitoring console

Hello Everyone!

I have a question. I need to implement a control panel/monitoring console, but I see that the monitoring console in Talend 8 has been deprecated. What other options do I have to implement this? Basically, I need to see the start/finish of jobs, their status (error, okay), and if there is an error, I want to see the details of the errors.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is released note about:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/release-notes/data-integration-deprecated-and-removed-items?utm_...

As we can see that Talend Activity Monitoring Console Web application available in Talend Administration Center is removed from Talend 8.0 onwards.

Alternatively, you can use the Talend Activity Monitoring Console add-on tool integrated in Talend Studio. AMC is still available in Studio, and the data collector is still present, so reports can be built on top of the data.

In addition to that, from TAC side, Log server was "just" an ELK stack (Elasticsearch , Logstash, Kibana) installed by us. Customer is welcome to use his own installation. You are able to setup your ELK, or similar open-source.

Also there is a PS monitoring framework which can be proposed to customers and is also based on ELK or an open source 3rd party monitoring solution.

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

Tloray
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Sabrina!

You're welcome for your response.

Okay, can you help me install the Talend Activity Monitoring Console add-on tool integrated into Talend Studio? I saw this guide, but it says to unzip the 'Talend-AMC_Web-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C.zip,' and I don't have this file. So, how can I obtain this file?

Here is link note about:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/installation-guide-linux/install-amc-webapp

Thanks!

Tomas.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please let us know which talend products and build version are you using?

With talend subscription solution, you'd better raise a support case on talend support portal so that our colleagues from support team will give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority.

Best regards

Sabrina

Tloray
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

We use talend studio and the version is 7.3.1

If you can help, it's appreciated.

Thank you.

Tomas.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As it is not allowed to send patch link through community portal, could you please raise a support case on talend support portal so that our colleagues from support team will give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority.

In addition to that, so far only the AMC web UI is deprecated. Customers can still capture the metrics in a database.

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/installation-guide-linux/talend-activity-monitoring-console-log-...

Best regards

Sabrina