Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't want to save data schema field order from input or output V7.2.1

Hi,

It's not first time i had the problem wile trying to reorder fields form a input or output field description

while using input => Tmap => output

Example : A sql request from a database give me Fields C, B, A.  If i decide to open builtin schema for changing field order => Fields A, B, C then it asks me if i want to propage, then i accept but it doesn't save this new order. The fields still in Field C,BA order. It's impossoble to get the new order. The problem is the same with an output  component (TfileOutput) If i decide to change the builtin order (because it has changed) i can't save definitly my new order. It comes back at the initial order. 

I'm using the TOS V7.2.1 and i've never had this problem with olders release !!! 

I made many jobs with this release and i can't get them back to an older one. i have to rebuild design job completly. 

And wath about your experience ? Have any problem like me ????

Thanks

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello there,

Same Issue with TOS DI 7.2. I think it might be a bug or something.

I've tried to save my schemas into XML Files or Generical Schemas but still, the order just keep changing in my component, driving me crazy !

Please share your experiences to see if someone found a way through.

Good day,

JP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Found a kind of a Workaround :
- Set schema's mode to "Referencial" with a well prepared Generical Schema.
- Check if the issue is still present (see schema)
- If so, reset schema mode to "Built-in"

=> All my schemas were good after that.

JP
PD2
Contributor
Contributor

The loss of schema ordering is a real pain.  This bug needs to get fixed ASAP.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Experiencing the same issue.

Running v7.2.1. Same issue in both Ubuntu (latest desktop) build and Windows 10 64bit instances.

tXMLMap's schema editor does not want to retain changes, very frustrating.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm experiencing this bug, too.

The workaround with generic schemas for every broken reordered schema destroys some usabilty.

If i add a new field to an existing schema and propagate the schema, the new field is sticky on top. No changes in field order propagate.

The workaround for new fields is: always move it to the top, then the propagation of the scheme works.

I've seen there is a new milestone version 7.3.1 of Talend Open Studio, does this fix this bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

7.3.1M1 did fix this problem for me

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You're Lucky ! Still doesn't work for me with V7.3.1.

Are you using generic schemes or another thing ?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tested V7.3.1M1, it is working there. Note: V7.3.1M1 still shows "Talend 7.2" on the loading screen.

I'm using "Built-In" Schemata

My first simple Test: new project, tFixedFlowInput, tMap, tLogRow. All Schemas could be rearranged, this is fine.

Then I imported an older v6.4 project - i could rearrange the schema and the changes propagated.

At last I imported the 7.2.1 project which had the problems. Adding new columns to a schema and rearranging worked as expected.

CC_Talend
Contributor
Contributor

I had same issue as stated by everyone here.

Upgrade to 7.3.1 resolve the problem for me.