Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krivamsi30
Contributor
Contributor

Enable parallel execution of same job

Hi

I have created series of linked jobs in Talend , all these are called in one main Job

These jobs get executed as per the conditions in a sequence defined

Requirement :

I want to execute above main job any number of times with different inputs

So that parallel execution happens for different inputs 

Problem statement :

Currently from Talend 7.3 I , I am unable to do this , because when I execute main job , it goes to processing mode , does not allow me to initiate another instance of it 

Expectation :

Tool should allow me to execute parallel sessions of same job with various inputs

Is there any license needed for parallel session execution so that , job runs in background in UI ?

Also , if Talend allows it to execute that main job from command prompt providing arguments , I am happier

Is there any license needed for command prompt execution of Talend job ?

Please share the details of license needed to achieve this if any 

Regards

Vamsi Krishna

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You just need to export the main job, please refer to this documentation to learn how to export a talend job.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Can you take a look at tForEach component? Iterate the main job as a child job for each input value, check 'Enable parallel execution' box to run the job in parallel.

0695b00000EYckzAAD.pngYou are able to export the job script and execute it from command prompt and pass value to context variables, no license needed for this.

Regards

Shong

krivamsi30
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shong

Thanks for the response

Sure I will try , but do I need to compile this job script , How do i execute this

krivamsi30
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Kindly share the process to export job script , should I export Main job or all jobs ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You just need to export the main job, please refer to this documentation to learn how to export a talend job.

krivamsi30
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you very much Shong for the response , it exactly fits the requirement

Now I am tetsing this.. Thank you again....😁

Regards

Vamsi Krishna😀