Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbeltritti
Contributor III
Contributor III

Extracting context parameters for tasks programmatically from Talend Cloud

Is there a way to extract all Tasks defined in an Environment / Workspace with the context parameters/values? 

I'm trying to build an audit and downstream impact and need to know that

Thanks,

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do this using the backend files BUT you must be careful when doing this. The backend files are just XML files. The ones you want to look at are the .item files. You can find your jobs inside the workspace/{project}/process folder. To do this safely I would copy your workspace folder to another location (to ensure you don't accidentally change the original files). Then all you need to do is recursively look through your process folder (you can use a tFileList for this) and then read the files using an XML component, looking for a path of  talendfile/context/contextParameter. All of your context variables and their original values will be stored there.

In fact, you can find out absolutely anything about the jobs you have built using these files. You just need to learn how to use and to NEVER EDIT THEM.

dbeltritti
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

But that would be in my local Studio workspace right?

What I'm looking for is the Task created in Integration Cloud (Talend cloud) that's using that job that was published to the cloud what context values is using

ajaychaubey
Contributor
Contributor

But the items file is not an xml extension and we would be unable to use it to read thru tFileInputXML component.

I am using Talend 6.3

Regards,

Prasanna

Anonymous
Not applicable

A file is an XML file if it contains XML, it doesn't really matter about the file extension.