Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Logs are not getting cleared from TAC server

Hi team,

Logs(generated Jobs, execution Logs)  are not getting cleared from TAC server even after setting the values in configuration for job conductor.

Below are the setting given in Tac server configuration page.

generatedJobs folder created in Tac server

executionLogs folder created in Tac server

No of execution logs = 10

Maximum age of log filed = 3

maximum no of generated jobs = 10

maximum age of generated job = 5

tried to change the values but no luck. can anyone help me to resolve the issue.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out here . I want to retain logs for one month.

Thanks,

Venkat

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can anyone respond here.

@venkat4589 wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Venkat

@venkat4589 wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Venkat

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

There are 2 ways to remove the job files:

#1 Clear the job files automatically

By default, talend jobserver will keep the latest 3 month archivejobs, jobexecutions,

You can change the value to keep less (e.g. 1 month= 2592000) in the file jobserver/conf/TalendJobServer.properties as the below, then restart the jobserver, it will clear the jobs and executionlogs which are over 1 month automatically.

# Time in seconds before cleaning executions logs from the current date, 3 months=3*30*24*60*60=7776000, set with 0 to disable delete action with this method

org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.MAX_DURATION_BEFORE_CLEANING_OLD_EXECUTIONS_LOGS=2592000

# Time in seconds before cleaning archives and deployed jobs from the current date, 3 months=3*30*24*60*60=7776000, set with 0 to disable delete action with this method

org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.MAX_DURATION_BEFORE_CLEANING_OLD_JOBS=2592000

# Time in seconds before cleaning cached libs from the current date, 3 months=3*30*24*60*60=7776000, set with 0 to disable delete action with this method

org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.MAX_DURATION_BEFORE_CLEANING_OLD_LIBS=2592000

#2 Clear the job files manually

1. You can keep the latest file for the job and remove all the old ones in the 2 folder : 'archiveJobs', 'repository',

2. It's safe to delete the whole jobexecutions\logs folder

3. If you setup jobServer.useCache = false in TAC configuration.properties file, It's safe to delete the whole 'cache' folder, otherwise please DOES NOT delete any files in 'cache' folder.

You can run the below sql on TAC db to verify this parameter's value

select * from configuration c where c.key = 'jobServer.useCache'

NOTE, If you delete the files under 'TalendJobServersFiles' by mistake, don't worry about it, You can re-deploy the task in the TAC webUI to restore it, then the job can continue to work.

Best regards

Sabrina