Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bridgeth
Contributor
Contributor

Managing "inactive" users/developers

I need to create a job that can find inactive users and send notification that their access is being remove.  The finding and notifying is pretty easy.  The removing part was what I am a little unsure of from a job.  

I see that when I uncheck the "Active" checkbox in TAC for a user, it sets the DELETEDATE and DELETED column to 1.  This is pretty much what I would like to do so that if the user responds with some outrage at being removed, we can just go back in and check the "Active" box again. 

There are some exceptions to this where we have users that have never logged in once in a year and I am thinking we can just remove them entirely.  I am unsure about this since I can see that the USERS table is referenced by a lot of other tables though if a user has never logged into TAC or into Studio the chances their user id is in any of those other tables is pretty slim.

I am really just wondering what other folks are doing to handle this scenario and if I am way off base here.  Thanks!

The query I am using currently to find these users looks like this where I check TAC, studio, and to make sure it is not an id we are using in a metaservlet:

select login, to_char(creationdate,'Mm/DD/YYYY')
from sys_talend71_dev.users
where LASTADMINCONNECTIONDATE is null
and LASTstudioconnectiondate is null
and creationdate < add_months(sysdate,-6)
and login not in
(select substr(b.triggeredby, instr(b.triggeredby,'''',1,1)+1,instr(b.triggeredby,'''',1,2)-instr(b.triggeredby,'''',1,1)-1)
from SYS_TALEND71_DEV.TASKEXECUTIONHISTORY b)
and rownum < 5

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it possible to check the USERS table in Database that was created for TAC for inactive users?

Best regards

Sabrina

bridgeth
Contributor
Contributor
Author

That is what the query in my original post is doing.  I am able to identify inactive users without any issue, but am just wondering if it is safe to update/delete against USERS table.  If I update the DELETED column to 1 and set the date it will remove the checkbox and leave them in TAC. This may be alright with first round of notifications but then if the users do not respond with some justification for why they still need access I would like to remove them so they are no longer present for audits.  I am guessing I will have to check other tables like USERGROUPUSERPROJECTAUTH or USERGROUP_USER first.  I am just trying to see if anybody has had to do this and what their approach was. 

I have created some fake users so that I can figure it out by trial and error at this point.  As we grow our developer community we have to get a handle on users so I am trying to address this issue now.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

With your requirement, could you please create a suppport case on talend support portal? In this way, our colleagues from support team will digest your use case to see if it is a new feature in TAC.

Best regards

Sabrina