Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II

Real-Time Statistics is not shown when connected via Job Server

Hi,

I am creating this topic, to address an issue we are currently experiencing regarding the real-time statistics not being displayed when running jobs from our Studio Client v.8 via the Job server. I have completely un-installed and installed the Talend Remote Engine in the server, still the same thing. But when we are running the job via localhost, we are able to see the statistics. We already played around the settings in Windows > Preferences > Talend > Run/Debug as well as the Stats & Logs under the Job tab, still no avail. The range port numbers are even allowed in both Inbound and Outbound Rule of the server. Any idea on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (3)
10 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Michelle Panis​ 

I have experienced this before and it was caused by a proxy between the client Studio and the target job server.

When you run the Job using target execution the Studio sends a command to the server containing a parameter --client_host=XX.XX.XX.XX that indicates the IP where the job server should return the statistics.

When there's a proxy in between, the Studio fills this IP with the proxy address and the job execution statistics doesn't return to the Studio.

As far as I know, there is no way to customize this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Does this issue only exist in job server (TAC server) when Real time statistics option is selected OR you are using talend cloud solution ?

For TAC server, please try to enable statistics from TAC UI to see if it could resolve this issue.

TAC-> Job Conductor ->Click on Task -> Execution Task -> statistics (Enabled)

Best regards

Sabrina

Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @Xiaodi Shi​ 

We are using Talend Cloud Solution. I also un-Pair and re-Pair TMC as well with the Talend RE server still no luck.

Regards,

Mitz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please let us know if this KB article helps?

https://community.talend.com/s/article/How-to-configure-observability-metrics-with-Talend-Cloud-Remo...

Best regards

Sabrina

Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @Xiaodi Shi​ 

Thank you for providing the link. Just to clarify the statistics that I am referring is the number of rows being shown in the Designer panel while running or after the job is finished. Please refer to the image attached. The statistics or result is only available if my Target Exec is Localhost but not displaying anything if it's the Job Server/RE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As TMC is not same as TAC or Studio so you cannot see row counts while processing the Task but from Task logs tab you can view how the task/plan is getting executed.

In order to display stdout & stderr message on TMC there is a modification that needs to be done. Please refer to below article & make the necessary changes

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/remote-engine-user-guide-windows/displaying-standard-log-in-tm...

Regarding log clean-up : By default the task log clean up happens after 30days. If you want to modify this frequency, you can refer to below article & make the necessary changes :

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/remote-engine-user-guide-windows/automatic-task-log-cleanup

Best regards

Sabrina

Mitz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @Xiaodi Shi​ 

Thank you for giving me additional information.

I was observing the statistics from the Designer pane, whenever I ran my Talend job from the client. For some reasons, I was able to see it and it was connecting or running via Job Server. However, it was just only around 1pm my time and then blank again in my succeeding executions until today. Not sure what's causing this kind of scenario.

0695b00000kUuXeAAK.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Would you mind raising a support case on talend support portal so that we could give you a remote assistance to see if there is any specific configuration/setting from your side through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

sanjeevini
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is this issue resolved ? I am also facing the same issue.