Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator

Real Time Statistics unavailable

Dear,
my parent job does not pass any parameter to the child one, and neither back from child to parent.
I don't want to see realtime stats about child job. I'm interested in stats about the parent job only, but I see statistics (in the parent job) just for those components that, speaking about timing, runs before the child one is started. Any other component in the parent job that is subsequent to the end of the tRunJob does not show any statistic.
In the screenshot attached, related to a succesful execution, you can see that the only statistics shown are an "ok" and a "false" (right side of the screenshot), and both of them are the only two actions that happened before the "Maintenance" (the child job, executed thanks to a tRunJob component) execution.
Let me know whether I have to add more infos. I'm quite sure you can have the same problem when you design yourself a simple job, with a tRunJob component in the middle of the flow.
Looking forward for your response, to better understand if it depends on a Talend bug or a my bad Job design.
Regards,

https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=205188

0683p000009LtqY.png

Thank you,

Lorenzo

Labels (3)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Does this issue occur in studio also or only exists in TAC when Real time statistics option is selected? I have created a simple job with a tRunjob inside and run it in Studio, I can see the Real time statistics.

0683p000009LtTs.png

Regards

Shong

satz002
Contributor
Contributor

What if the job has been imported as a zip file in TAC 

I see that the real time statistics only work if its referred directly from workspace, Is there a way to turn it on if its imported via zip

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi satz002
What do you meant its referred directly from workspace? I don't understand your question well.

Regards
Shong
satz002
Contributor
Contributor

0683p000009LtQ0.jpgImportViaSvn

what i thought to convey was import via svn like the above ,

• if the job has been referred via this option , the Statistic input in the Execution task , could be enabled
  • if the job is referred by the adjacent button, zipFile mode, Statistic would be greyed out automatically .

0683p000009Lu1K.jpg

Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Shong,
I don't know whether it happens in Studio also. With me it happens on the TAC Server.
Please try to deploy your simple job on a TAC Server and let see if it happens to you too.

Regards,
Lorenzo
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lorenzo
I have tried to run the job from TAC and I can see the real time statistics, see below, I am testing it on version 6.2.1. 

0683p000009Lu6o.png

Regards

Shong

Anonymous
Not applicable

• if the job is referred by the adjacent button, zipFile mode, Statistic would be greyed out automatically .

0683p000009Lu1K.jpg

it's related to how you exported zip files in studio. pls make sure you enable statistic when exporting zip job from studio.

Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok, @shong, so I  don't know.

All my jobs that contains a tRunJob component does not offer any statistics after the tRunJob execution, and I can show a lot of screenshots about it.

I have no further idea on it.

Thanks for your time.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo5
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @kpchen,

we are speaking about jobs deployed from SVN, not from Artifact.

Thank you.

Lorenzo