Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maayandermer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Stats & Logs in project settings using context variables

Hi,

I'm trying to set Stats & Logs settings in the project properties from the context variables so they will be used across the project.

When I try to use them in the project properties the DB connection fails. When I use the exact same context variables in the Jobs everything works perfectly.

Are there any limitation of not using the context variables in the project properties?

Cheers

Maayan

0683p000009M0kb.png

Labels (4)
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are the value of your contextes variables set in a file?

Best regards

Sabrina

maayandermer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thank you Sabrina. 

No, they are only in the project structure(not properties). I didn't go down the path of a file because I'm using Talend Cloud Data Integration the context variables are begin overwritten right when the Jobs are begin published to the Cloud according to the relevant environment. 

Should I still use a files as a source to the context variables?

0683p000009M0m3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

In Project settings, could you please try to use Implicit context load  to load your context file to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

maayandermer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I exported the context variable and loaded them from a file. I'm getting the same error on the project properties while trying to set the Stats & Logs as context variables.

0683p000009M164.png

The same context variables are begin used in the whole project/job successfully with any issues.

The error that I'm getting seems to be like Talend Studio cannot "parse-convert" the context variable to their real values:

0683p000009M168.png

Thanks 0683p000009MACn.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please have a look at my screenshots for details.

0683p000009M0um.png0683p000009M0bL.png0683p000009M0bM.png

Best regards

Sabrina

maayandermer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sabrina, Thanks for all the trying help.. still not working.. not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I start typing "context.AMC.."+Ctrl+Space it sees the variable so it is definitely defined ok

0683p000009M0qW.png

See screenshots:

0683p000009M17a.png0683p000009M13G.png0683p000009M17f.png0683p000009M17p.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this issue been resolved? I'm seeing the same behaviour in my project

maayandermer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Nope. still experiencing it. What version of Talend Studio are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using TOS DI 6.4.1

I've actually resolved mine and hadn't reposted.

I found realised that my job had subjobs and the error was coming from one of those. I had to add the context group to the subjobs and after that its working perfectly