Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TAC instance Trigger for multiple Context variable

Hello,

We have a one job that run for multiple client, we just need to change the client name in context variable and run the job. So how should we trigger or schedule that job from TAC for multiple client and client name is taken from context variable at same time.
For Example,I have to trigger same job for at least 15 different context variable for different customer. So when I have 40 job(minimum) so I have to create 40*15 task, so it is tedious task for me to do this thing. And one thing is that when something is changed in the job we have again upload or deploy this job to whole client.

So could you help me out if you have solution to implement this things.

Kr,

Parag Dosi

Labels (2)
5 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Enumerate clients in a single context variable like "client1;client2;..." then design a master (a launcher) job in charge to iterate over each value extracted from the clients list, set your context variable with the current client name and call the desired elementary job. You can now easily add or remove one or more clients from the list with no cost and, most important, just have a single task to manage in the TAC.
I've already use this approach with success.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for suggestion.

I also got this approach but in this approach there is one problem, when we have 40 client and only want to schedule 30 client job but out of 30 client we want to run 10 client parallel and after completing the job run for next 10 client. Or 10 Client job run parallel at 30683p000009MAB6.pngM then next 10 Client job run at 5:00PM then again next 10 Client job run at 6:00 PM. So what to do in this situation.

If we create different different task then if something is changes then we have to upload the job for whole client that is the problem.

So any other way we can create task for whole client and schedule the job and something is change in job then it will reflect to the whole job.

KR,

Parag

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Well, did you consider TAC API? It allows to create and run tasks dynamically and a lot of other cool things.
Using a JSON or CSV file you can define the desired configuration (which client served at what time). Then you need a launcher to create the tasks on a daily basis (or twice a day or each time the configuration file is changed).
If I've understood your need, I think it should be a way to explore.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have no idea about TAC API. Could you provide me the link where I can learn about TAC API. Or you can explain here what is TAC API and which API should I need to implement this things.

Thanks in advance.

Kr,

Parag

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Hi,
In short, TAC metaServlet API is a REST webservice allowing you to interact with TAC from jobs as you do from a navigator. Awesome!
Read Ed Ost's blog article and  TAC user's guide to discover functionalities offered by  TAC metaservlet API.
All you need is a tLibraryLoad to load the org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec-1.3_5.jar for Base64 conversion.
I hope these pointers will help you to solve your use case, else open new topics depending on the problem you're facing (preferably in Design and Development group).

Kind regards,