Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Beaty
Creator III
Creator III

Talend Remote Engine and Runtime Security Configuration

Hi,

As per the installation recommendations, I've change the default user name/password for the Talend Runtime in the users.properties file, however when I deploy any ESB jobs, they now fail with "Authentication Failure". So I'm guessing that the Remote Engine that does the deployment locally also needs to have its credentials for the Runtime updated - understandably. However, the user name appears in many config files - can anyone advise which one is required to be changed?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Beaty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

So I eventually found the one file you need to change, its a 2 step thing:

1/ Within the Runtime directory, runtime/etc/users.properties add/update the credientials as it describes

2/ Within the RemoteEngine directory etc/org.talend.ipaas.rt.dsrunner.talendruntime.client.cfg changed the username & password to match those you want to use from step1.

The Runtime should pick the change up straight away, I dont think the Remote Engine will, so you'll probably need to stop/start it

View solution in original post

1 Reply
David_Beaty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

So I eventually found the one file you need to change, its a 2 step thing:

1/ Within the Runtime directory, runtime/etc/users.properties add/update the credientials as it describes

2/ Within the RemoteEngine directory etc/org.talend.ipaas.rt.dsrunner.talendruntime.client.cfg changed the username & password to match those you want to use from step1.

The Runtime should pick the change up straight away, I dont think the Remote Engine will, so you'll probably need to stop/start it