Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushantk19
Creator
Creator

Unable to run my scheduled job through TMC tool

hello All,

I am trying to one of my talend studio jobs through TMC. It is failing due to below error:

Task 5f5f357d44b1a9343b2fbc2f/1.2 failed unexpectedly.org.talend.ipaas.rt.flow.controller.impl.FlowExecutionException: Step 4d3b7815-b854-4e36-8139-855b65a4402a failed with code -1 and error Job stopped with errors or unable to run. Exception in component tDBInput_1 (job_DM_000_Calendar) java.sql.SQLException: [Amazon](100021) Error setting default driver property values. at org.talend.ipaas.rt.flow.controller.impl.JobControllerImpl.doRun(JobControllerImpl.java:98) ~[?:?] at org.talend.ipaas.rt.flow.controller.impl.AbstractControllerImpl.lambda$run$0(AbstractControllerImpl.java:106) ~[?:?] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_252]Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Job stopped with errors or unable to run. Exception in component tDBInput_1 (job_DM_000_Calendar) java.sql.SQLException: [Amazon](100021) Error setting default driver property values. 

tDBInput_1 [Amazon](100021) Error setting default driver property values.java.sql.SQLException: [Amazon](100021) Error setting default driver property values. at com.amazon.redshift.core.PGJDBCConnection.connect(Unknown Source) at com.amazon.jdbc.common.BaseConnectionFactory.doConnect(Unknown Source) at com.amazon.jdbc.common.AbstractDriver.connect(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247) at

XXXXXX

_dm_000_calendar_0_1.job_DM_000_Calendar.tDBInput_1Process(job_DM_000_Calendar.java:1028) at lillydoo_dwh_qa.job_dm_000_calendar_0_1.job_DM_000_Calendar.runJobInTOS(job_DM_000_Calendar.java:7548)Caused by: com.amazon.support.exceptions.GeneralException: [Amazon](100021) Error setting default driver property values. ... 7 moreCaused by: com.amazon.dsi.exceptions.IncorrectTypeException at com.amazon.dsi.core.utilities.Variant.getInt(Unknown Source) at com.amazon.redshift.core.PGJDBCConnection.connect(Unknown Source) at com.amazon.jdbc.common.BaseConnectionFactory.doConnect(Unknown Source) at com.amazon.jdbc.common.AbstractDriver.connect(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247) at XXXXX.job_dm_000_calendar_0_1.job_DM_000_Calendar.tDBInput_1Process(job_DM_000_Calendar.java:1028) at XXXXX.job_dm_000_calendar_0_1.job_DM_000_Calendar.runJobInTOS(job_DM_000_Calendar.java:7548) at XXXXXX.job_dm_000_calendar_0_1.job_DM_000_Calendar.main(job_DM_000_Calendar.java:7275)

Can someone let me know what is issue. Remote engine is paired with Talend studio. why do i get this error and what does it mean?

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Does this job perfectly fine when you run it manually in studio?

Best regards

Sabrina

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ : yes, it works perfectly fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you share the job design having the problem, especially around the tDBOutput_1 component, and its properties? Are you using context value in it?

Note:The context that gets used is based strictly on the name of the environment in TMC (and goes to the default if the environment doesn't match any of the contexts).

Best regards

Sabrina

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

please find the screenshots attached in document. How is it possible that same job which runs fine through studio, gives error through remote engine.

what does the below statement mean:

Exception in component tDBInput_1 (job_DM_000_Calendar) java.sql.SQLException: [Amazon](100021) Error setting default driver property values. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It is a DB connection issue.

It seems that something is wrong with connection string(host, port, database)when this job is running thru TMC.

Is it working for you to set up DB connection without using context value through remote engine?

Best regards

Sabrina

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

i feel it is not able to connect to Amazon database. one suggestion i found from website says below:

Somehow I managed to get it working. It seems that downloading AWS Redshift drivers version 4, 4.1, or 4.2 and placing them in the lib/ directory did not work for me for each version by choosing Redshift as connection type (in Database Connection setup).

Instead, I chose PostgreSQL using JDBC. In host name field, I included the endpoint WITHOUT port number 5439 at the end. So, the endpoint should just end with ...amazonaws.com. Fill in database name, port number of 5439, and username and password. If this did not work, try downloading the latest PostgreSQL JDBC driver and placing it in lib/ directory and try again.

not sure what needs to be done from my end. If i ask my IT support team to make some changes, i fear that my existing database might stop working.

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ 

my IT support team suggested to remove the double quotes "" from parameter list.

The status of the job shows successful now after i make that change, however, it gives an error in error files such as "tFileInputDelimited_1 - Z:/Talend/dummy_calendar.csv (No such file or directory)"

when i try to run another job with MSSQL database as source, it gives the below error:

Step dd0cce67-a596-41c5-869a-fe02110c2515 failed with code -1 and error Job stopped with errors or unable to run. Exception in component tDBInput_1 (Stg_LMA_name) com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

Can someone please help what am i missing here. My issue is that my jobs published through Talend studio are not getting executed in talend managment console even though the remote engines have been paired. I have to start my scheduled jobs in production next week, so please help asap.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Did you install a remote engine in the machine where your files are stored? If so , please choose the execution in this engine there and not in the cloud.

Best regards

Sabrina

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ : Remote engine has been installed on virtual machine, not on my system. i do not understand the error related to accessing the file from shared path, but while i try to access the source db , why it gives an error related to communication link failure? when i was trying to run the installer on my system, it was failing due to some error. that is why my IT team installed it on virtual machine. Is there a solution to resolve this issue? My IT team and I have very little understanding related to this issue.