Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jo_scara
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to use Datadog to monitor talend jobs execution

Hello everybody,

Since my company is moving towards Datadog as a common technology for tracing and monitoring , we have tried to use it to monitor the execution of our talend jobs.

Our jobs are dockerized and we run them on a kubernetes cluster.

We have installed the Datadog monitoring agent in our cluster and added the dd-monitoring-agent jar and related configuration to a Docker image that we used to run a simple test Talend job (the only thing it does is sending a mail via a tSendMail component).

Unfortunately, after the execution of the jobs, we don't see any kind of metric in Datadog, not even jvm-related ones.

We asked for help to the Datadog support team, and they suggested that the absence of metrics can be explained if some framework not supported by the Datadog platform is used to implement the Talend components involved (in our case the tSendMail)

To my knowledge, no java framework is used for the implementation of Talend components (expecially a simple component like the tSendMail, which i guess is implemented in plain Java).

Is this assumption correct?

Furthermore, i would like to ask if someone that managed to successfully use Datadog to monitor the execution of Talend jobs can give us any clue to help us understand why we are not able to do it.

Thank you in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Replies