Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winfried_Hoesmann
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using API to get Connections defined in Talend Management Studio

Hi all,

I need in a job dynamic connections to FTP Server.

My plan is to define connections in the management Console and get the neccessary parameters with the Talend REST API for getting connection details.

But if a parameter is encrypted, the value in the response is empty. Is there a chance to get the value for passwort to use dynamicly in my Job?

Thanks, Telge

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Not defined Not defined​ , I am not sure I understand your requirement well, if the job is deployed to TMC and run there, why don't you use the connection defined on TMC directly.

Regards

Shong

Winfried_Hoesmann
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Shong,

cause I want to write an REST API. I want to sent the API a key for FTP Connection, a file mask and a directory. And the job behind the REST API should get the url and login informations for the FTP Server, connect and gets the files and transfer them to the given directory.

So the ftpserver can be different. Thats why I can not use one special connection defined in TMC.

And my idea was to use the connection information from the tmc. Otherwise I have to create my own List of connections.

Regards, Telge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your explanation. Take a look at this API and try it.

https://api.us.cloud.talend.com/tmc/swagger/swagger-ui.html#!/connections/getConnectionDetails

Winfried_Hoesmann
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I still tried this API and got an empty value for the encrypted password field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm, let me take a testing and check with our developers, I will update to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, this is because the password was encrypted, if you don't encrypt the password, the password was retrieved in response. I think this is intentionally set up by Talend.

Winfried_Hoesmann
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is also my fear.