Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Information on the job scheduler

Hi,
I would like to have some information about the job scheduler, integrated in Talend Administration Center.
As I am using Talend Open Studio, I don't know which are the possibilities of administration center.
My goal is to schedule jobs and to create some dependencies between the jobs.
I know that I can export the jobs and execute them by using crons, but it's not enough for what I want to do.

1) Is Talend multi-threading the jobs when we want to execute 2 (or more) jobs at the same time ?

2) How is Talend handling a big amount of entries in a database ? Does it load everything in the memory ? What happened if there are multiple threads, each dealing with a lot of data ?
3) Is it possible to define a kind of dependency between the jobs ? For instance, if I schedule a job A, and that job needs a job B to be running first, can I create a dependency in Talend ? Or do I have to schedule the job B first and then the job A manually ?

I couldn't find any documentation on these points. If someone has any idea, please let me know.
Best regards,
Bertrand
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
1. Yes, the jobs scheduled on Job Conductor are independent and you are able to schedule many jobs execution at the same time, even more, you can schedule them to run on different job server.
2. For a large of data set, we use usually use bulk insert component such as tMysqlBulkExec for better performance or tELTxxx component.
3. You have two ways to arrange the job execution order:
a. Call jobA and jobB in a main job like:
tRunJob(call jobB)
|
onsubjobok
|
tRunJob(call jobA)
schedule the main job on Job Conductor, that ensure jobB always run first then JobA.
b. Add a execution plan on Job Conductor. see my screenshot.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
1. Yes, the jobs scheduled on Job Conductor are independent and you are able to schedule many jobs execution at the same time, even more, you can schedule them to run on different job server.
2. For a large of data set, we use usually use bulk insert component such as tMysqlBulkExec for better performance or tELTxxx component.
3. You have two ways to arrange the job execution order:
a. Call jobA and jobB in a main job like:
tRunJob(call jobB)
|
onsubjobok
|
tRunJob(call jobA)
schedule the main job on Job Conductor, that ensure jobB always run first then JobA.
b. Add a execution plan on Job Conductor. see my screenshot.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
Thank you for your reply. Your job scheduler seems quite complete.
I saw this video which show an example :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK3KTohEy2g
I will investigate about the features.
Best regards,
Bertrand