Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icostratiteq
Contributor
Contributor

Getting started with Qlik Alerting

I am new to Qlik Alerting an about to install an Alerting Server.  It is behind firewalls but on the same LAN as our Qlik Sense Servers so I expect that communication with Qlik Sense services will work. I am not sure what is meant by external systems that communicate with the Gateway ports. Do Qlik Sense Clients need to communicate through these ports?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @icostratiteq ,

Thanks for posting.

The default ports for Qlik Alerting are 4551 and 4552 but you can change those here if necessary. Be sure to open the firewall for your custom ports if you choose to change them. For example, if Qlik Alerting is installed on a stand alone machine the default ports can be changed to 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) removing the need for users to specify the port when accessing Qlik Alerting in their browser.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Albert_Candelario

Hello @icostratiteq ,

Thanks for posting.

The default ports for Qlik Alerting are 4551 and 4552 but you can change those here if necessary. Be sure to open the firewall for your custom ports if you choose to change them. For example, if Qlik Alerting is installed on a stand alone machine the default ports can be changed to 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) removing the need for users to specify the port when accessing Qlik Alerting in their browser.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer