Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmonitor
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to make qv continue to work

Hi!

The QV hangs up due to the fact that for some reason the notification refuses to be sent to the standard mailing address. This does not happen often, but greatly affects the work. Is there any way around this problem so qlik does not hang?screenshot.1119.jpg

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How often this is coming? And on what scenario it throws error?

I assume that mail configuration not setup properly..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vmonitor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I send notifications to my mail several times a day (10-50 messages per day). The described problem occurs rarely and always at night. I don't think this is due to a bug in the mail configuration.

marcus_sommer

In regard to invalid mail-addresses you need to clean and/or to skip them - means to check the length, the exists of the char @,  removing all invalid chars and so on.

If you could ensure that's not cause and it happens occasionally at night you may hit a maintaining-window or any overload on your mail-server, storage/network or similar. I don't know if the inbuilt alert-features is able to skip any error and/or if you could chain any pre-checks to your real-task (I assume rather not). By using vbs-macros you are in general able to implement an error-handling but I think it will also have some limitations and probably not very easy to implement.

- Marcus