Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

No e-Mail with set password link after installation

Hello community,

I installed and licensed Qlik Alerting successfully. Unfortunately I have not received the e-mail with the set password link yet. I tried with 'Recover Passwort' - no e-mail with set password link.

On the same machine is NPrinting as well. I used the equal e-mail configuration for Qlik Alerting as we use for NPrinting.

All services are up and running.

Furthermore during e-mail configuration I have not found any button with 'Test Connection'.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this topic? @Sunil_Kenth?

Thank you.

Best regards, Patrick

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Marc,

Just to clarify on this for other Community members.  In order to receive an alert from Qlik Alerting you need to have a license allocated to the user (Standard or Broadcast) - no license = no alerts.

For testing the mail server configuration through Admin > Channels, there is no license required for this.

Regards,

Sunil

marcginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thank you @Sunil_Kenth for the information.

I just wanted to mention this because it is/was not in the installation guide for setting up Qlik Alerting. I did not get any emails either and I found this setting when going through the admin part of Qlik Alerting.

When I added myself I got the alerts.

Marc

Tool_Tip
Creator
Creator

HI ALL,

We have set up data alert and out issue is we are able to receive an email alert in our mail box but as mentioned in below qlik help post, we are not getting any hyperlink to our dashboard :

Tool_Tip_0-1728973347312.png

Kindly help