cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Alerting Install issue

I just installed the pre-requisites and then the Alerting exe successfully.

I start all the services but there's three services that just won't start. Looks like a ports conflict possibly.

How can I troubleshoot these? Where are the logs located?

Also I can pull up http://localhost:4552 successfully but i get a Login Form and not the form where my information should be entered.

Any pointers appreciated. Thanks,

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I figured it out. It seems this is because Alerting works with v10 of NodeJS

I have v14, had to revert and it worked. May be patches or updates needed for v12 and v14 of Node

View solution in original post

7 Replies
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Apparently I am getting an error 500 for registration status page. Don't know why

I replaced the server.pem and server_key.pem with the exported certs from QlikSense Server but no luck

@Anonymous @Anonymous any thoughts?

avastani_0-1589054627970.png

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

In addition to the above, I believe they are all linked to the 3 services not starting in services panel Qlik Alerting Repository Service, Email Messaging Service and QlikConnector do not start.

In the log files under the daemon folder for each of the above components, the same error shows up

C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\repository\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274

opts.logPath = path.resolve(os.tmpDir(), "qlik");

^

TypeError: os.tmpDir is not a function

at Object.get (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\repository\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274:40)

at getLogger (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\repository\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\logger.js:8:18)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\repository\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\sendError.js:3:16)

at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1176:30)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1196:10)

at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1040:32)

at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:929:14)

at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1080:19)

at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:72:18)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\repository\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\index.js:3:19)

------

C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\email-messenger\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274

^

at Object.get (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\email-messenger\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274:40)

at getLogger (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\email-messenger\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\logger.js:8:18)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\email-messenger\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\sendError.js:3:16)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\email-messenger\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\index.js:3:19)

-------

C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\qlik-connector\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274

^

at Object.get (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\qlik-connector\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274:40)

at getLogger (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\qlik-connector\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\logger.js:8:18)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\qlik-connector\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\sendError.js:3:16)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\qlik-connector\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\index.js:3:19)

There has to be something that's common here.

My environment

AWS EC2 (16G RAM 8 CPU)

Qlik Sense Enterprise (april 2020) ---> working fine with trusted SSL

Qlik NPrinting Server (april 2020) ---> working fine with trusted SSL

Qlik Insight Bot ---> 90% functional (can sync, train manage apps) with trusted SSL. Bot not returning responses in Hub, Web Chat Service down

Qlik Alerting (May 2020) ---> just install complete (all needed ports are open)

Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Can you please let me know which services are not running?

Also, is this the first time you have installed or have you done a uninstall and then install?

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Qlik Alerting Repository
Qlik Alerting Email Messaging
Qlik Alerting Qlik Connector

Yes, This is the first time I am installing Qlik Alerting but I also did try uninstall and reinstall and received same issue back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

For the services that are not starting, can you go to the associated daemon folder for the service in c:/program files/qlik alerting/<service>/daemon and upload the .err file.

Thanks

Sunil

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Here it is

In the log files under the daemon folder for each of the above components, the same error shows up

C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\repository\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274

^

at Object.get (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\repository\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274:40)

at getLogger (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\repository\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\logger.js:8:18)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\repository\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\sendError.js:3:16)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\repository\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\index.js:3:19)

------

C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\email-messenger\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274

^

at Object.get (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\email-messenger\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274:40)

at getLogger (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\email-messenger\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\logger.js:8:18)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\email-messenger\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\sendError.js:3:16)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\email-messenger\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\index.js:3:19)

-------

C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\qlik-connector\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274

^

at Object.get (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\qlik-connector\node_modules\@qlik\g2-utils\lib\logging.js:274:40)

at getLogger (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\qlik-connector\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\logger.js:8:18)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\qlik-connector\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\utils\sendError.js:3:16)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Qlik Alerting\qlik-connector\node_modules\@qlik\qaw-common\index.js:3:19)

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I figured it out. It seems this is because Alerting works with v10 of NodeJS

I have v14, had to revert and it worked. May be patches or updates needed for v12 and v14 of Node