Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timotix
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Alerting - Row Limit for triggering an alert

Hello all,

i have a problem triggering an alert with more than 10k rows.
When selecting a filter to limit the rows <10k the alert will trigger and is sending out a mail.
But with a filter selecting more than >10k rows (or no filter at all) nothing is happening.

I am aware of the warning while editing the alert. But is there a general row limit for alerting?

Timotix_0-1645006621518.png

Thank you!
Timo

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timotix
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

After investigating a little bit more I found a solution to this error.
The 'Drill to dimension' I chose was a long string file with multiple information. (e.g. 0515413616_Test_Product_10x20 example_...) After changing to a smaller field without characters the alert was able to trigger and send an alertmail. The dimension has roundabout 100k distinct values and 40k got triggered.

Are these limits known to qlik. For us this will be a limitation in the future... 😞

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Timotix
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

After searching a little bit in the logs i could find following error when executing an alert >10k rows:

20220216T130923.774+0100	eagle	1.0.12	Global	ERROR	{"stack":"MongoError: document is larger than the maximum size 16777216\n    at Function.create (...),"message":"document is larger than the maximum size 16777216","driver":true,"name":"MongoError"}

Is there a way to size up the limits?

Timotix
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

After investigating a little bit more I found a solution to this error.
The 'Drill to dimension' I chose was a long string file with multiple information. (e.g. 0515413616_Test_Product_10x20 example_...) After changing to a smaller field without characters the alert was able to trigger and send an alertmail. The dimension has roundabout 100k distinct values and 40k got triggered.

Are these limits known to qlik. For us this will be a limitation in the future... 😞