Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giociva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Show previous scan value

Hi all, we are on Client Managed version October 2021 SR1, is there a way to show previous scan value into the message sent from Alerting, something like "hey head up, this value was 10 and now is 20"

Thank you.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Chirantha
Support
Support

Yes, Giovanni, there is a way to show the previous scan value into the message sent from Alerting. As the documentation below discusses, you can use a complex rules engine which allows multiple conditions, comparing with the history of previous scans and/or comparing with the data in the application, with the power to set conditions in steps to enable filtering by measures and other features that cannot be done directly in Qlik Sense. 

Managing alerts | Qlik Alerting Help

giociva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

thanks @Chirantha but the mentioned page is only a description of what a data alert can do, I cannot find anything specific.

In brief, Data Alert can send alerts based on complex conditions, and one of this condition is to compare value with the previous scan.

I suppose that Alerting saves somewhere in MongoDB a sort of history of previous values, to able to do the comparation, and my question here is if there is way to send messages that informs users of which was the previous value (previous scan) and the last value (current). Thanks in advance.

giociva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Chirantha any update on this? we are going to open a support case for this. thank you.