Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Serkan_U
Contributor II
Contributor II

AGGR function for the sum of whole month with date field restricted?

Hi everyone,

I have table consisting of customer_id,date and account balance. The business unit requests that the date field has to be restricted for last three months from the current selection, and it should be set to "always one selected value". So user can select only one date and that date goes back to 3 months.

This is the sample data:

sampledata.JPG

What I need is to create new field which display the sum of the month, ie. for Jan'21 it should be 10.000,forFeb'21 it should be 4.200 so on.

I used aggr function with nodistinct  because I read sometime ago, if you use less dimension in aggr than in your chart, because of the granularity, only first row is filled.

To do this, I wrote AGGR(NODISTINCT SUM({<Report_date={">=$(=AddMonths(max(Report_date),-3))<=$(=max(Report_date))"}>} Accnt_Bal),Report_date). 

However this formula filled only the selected date again. You can see from below screenshot, AGGRNODISTINCTcolumn is where the formula is written

I also tried sum total formula which gave me the sum of the last three month  for every row, you can see it in the last column.

If I remove both date restrictions I mentioned above, aggr nodistinct calculates correctly.

Is there anyway to calculate monthly sum with the requested date rules?

Thanks

qlik_ss.JPG

5 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

hi 

May be this : 

AGGR(NODISTINCT SUM({ 1 <Report_date={">=$(=AddMonths(max(Report_date),-3))<=$(=max(Report_date))"}>} Accnt_Bal),Report_date)

Serkan_U
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@brunobertels , It did not work, gave me the same result.

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

Sorry my bad 

try This measure instead :

SUM({ $ < Report_date={">=$(=AddMonths(max(Report_date),-3))<=$(=max(Report_date))"}>}total<Report_date> Accnt_Bal)

by default without selecting date it will display only 4 last months : 

brunobertels_0-1622715469568.png

then by selecting a date : 

Eg : 31/03/20021

brunobertels_1-1622715550695.png

Eg 31/05/2021 : 

brunobertels_2-1622715594549.png

hope it helps 

Serkan_U
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That solved my problem,

thanks a lot

brunobertels
Master
Master

Nice 🙂 

would you please then closed your post by clicking "Accept solution" so that it marks the post as Solved 

Thanks in advance