Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Action On Any Particular Object in Qlik Sense

Hi Techies,

I need to know (and log this info) for all download actions taken by end QS users. Eg we need data on who downloaded data from QS sheets/objects along with timestamp, application name, sheet name, object name and user name.

I was assuming that my concern information is available in operation monitor application but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Rohit

3 Replies
boraste-sagar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Rohit,

using the Audit and Sessions logs u can track the monitoring info, also Enable extensive logging in the management console.you can also get that detail on the "Log Details" page of the Governance Dashboard.

example to grab the data - you will need to parse the audit string to get the sheet name.

Audit:
LOAD

[Server Started] as AuditSS,
Timestamp as AuditTime,
Year(Timestamp) & Week(Timestamp) as Week,
Document,
SubFieldMid( Document , Index(Document, '\', -1) +1) , '.', 1)  as DocumentName,
Type,
TextBetween(User,'\','') as DocumentUser,
Message as Audit
FROM
\\[SERVER]\[Log Folder]\Audit_[SERVER]_2015*.log
(
txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sagar,

Most of the information I can get from Log Details sheet. Can you please clear few things:

1. How to enable Enable extensive logging

2. What information I will get by below code which is different than Log Details sheet ?

Audit:
LOAD

[Server Started] as AuditSS,
Timestamp as AuditTime,
Year(Timestamp) & Week(Timestamp) as Week,
Document,
SubFieldMid( Document , Index(Document, '\', -1) +1) , '.', 1)  as DocumentName,
Type,
TextBetween(User,'\','') as DocumentUser,
Message as Audit
FROM
\\[SERVER]\[Log Folder]\Audit_[SERVER]_2015*.log
(
txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

Thanks,

Rohit

rohitk1609
Master
Master