Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erieqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Active Directory Users in a AD Group in Qlik Cloud (sheet level security)

I have found a few pieces of information about AD and Qlik that seem to work in Qlik self-service however, they do not work in Cloud. Our admins do not have enough knowledge of Qlik development to figure this out. So, can any provide an answer to the following question?

My organization uses AD groups for security. If your ID is in a group then you have access to a thing (an application, folder, or whatever). In my case I want to provide access to a sheet on a dashboard. I have done this in the past using conventional files and spreadsheets. I know there is a better way. 

Example:

Joe is in the page1 group, I pull this data and see he is a member of the page1 AD group and give him access to the corresponding sheet.

Jenny is in the page2 group, she cannot see page1 (since she does not have that group) but she can see the sheet corresponding to page2.

So far everything I have tried is difficult... I am just a developer, not an admin. I cannot go outside of the connection creator within Qlik Sense. I am not allowed to use external data scripts nor can I create things in QMC (like directory connections). I simply want to create a connection to AD where I can get the group information on that ID I pass in. Or I want the members of the groups I care about including the IDs of members, then I can do the rest myself.  

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,
function?
1. Are you using section access for this function?
2. Have you reviewed the section access documentation? (see below link)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/manag...
erieqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No, I am not using Section Access. I might going forward but at the moment I simply hide the sheet from those not permitted to see the data as specified by a spreadsheet. 

The link shows Section Access but it does not show me a method of using Active Directory to verify that access. My question is about creating a data connection so that I can do something like Section Access (using AD as the verification source).

David_Friend
Support
Support

@erieqlik do you control access to your cloud tenant using your AD already?

erieqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I believe we have some form of SSO to allow entry. I can see my AD ID within OSUser(). However, I do not control that space.