Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdFer
Contributor
Contributor

Ad-Hoc reporting without show/hide conditions

Hi everybody,

I'm kinda new to QlikSense app development and I'm stuck in a weird use case.  The set up is the following: suppose that you have two tables, A and B, with columns A_1,...,A_M and B_1,...,B_N (with M and N different and such that M+N is very large) and another  couple of column, say table_name, which contains the name of the origin table in every record (so that the column table_name of the table A contains only the name A for every record). Now, I'm trying to define a table chart such that, when a table is selected (e.g. through a filter pane involving the columns table_name), it shows all the columns of the table, as in the example below.example_A.pngexample_b.pngThis can be obviously done putting every column in the table chart and then using some show/hide conditions, but this solution is not good, since the total number of the columns is large. Moreover, I can't use extensions. There exists any workaround to do so? 

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My recommendation would be to use a Container (it's an extension, but it's bundled with Qlik, so it should be available to you) and place as many tables as you need, into it. Anything else would require either show/hide conditions, or using commercial extensions. For example Vizlib Self-Service Report is a wonderful extension, and it is approved by Qlik as a "trusted" extension.

Cheers,

EdFer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Oleg,

thanks for your answer. I've already tried to use a Container, but it would be difficult to find the table you are looking for if you have more than forty tables in your data model (as in my case, unfortunately)...unless there is a way to show the selected table as the default tab.