Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emeadistributio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Aggr Max not giving expected result

EDIT: I somehow found a solution, but I have no idea why it works - can anyone advise?

sum({< [Report Date] = {"=[Report Date]=Aggr(nodistinct max([Report Date]),[Report Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth])"} >} [BO Value])

the old calculation was 

sum({< [Report Date] = {"=[Report Date]=Aggr(nodistinct max([Report Date]),[Report Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth])"} >} [BO Value])

As showed in the screenshot below, I am trying to get the Sum of [BO value] for the last Report Date of each month.
For some reason, for the last month (July), I don't get the value of the last Report Date but the one just before.

test.PNG

aggr( max([Report Date]), [Report Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]) shows "10/07/2023" but on the wrong line (03/07/2023). The same issue is reflected when using this in the set analysis (the result is sum(BO Value) for the Report Date 03/07/2023!

What I would like to get are the highlighted values here below (which I can see using nodistinct... problem is that when using nodistinct, I don't get any "filtering" and all the values for all report dates are summed up)

test2.PNG

Using an if statement as the one below does not seem to be a solution when combined with other dimensions (Year-Month Projection in the example)

test3.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Replies