Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggregation - one parameter responds to selection, one ignores

Hi All,

I have a retail sales table with transaction number, sales, article code, and promotion name. Each transaction can have multiple articles, and some might be on promotion, some might not.

Transaction NoArticle CodeSalesPromo Name

P101

$5 off
147G10110-
148P10225Spend more get more
148G1035-

I'm trying to do a basket analysis for specific promotions. For example, when I select "$5 off", all the transactions that contain this promotion will be selected, in this case Transaction No.147. And all the sales of this transaction - on promotion and not, will be summed up, so $30. I also need the article information  in order to do a distribution analysis. So the result I want is like below after selecting the promo "$5 off"

Transaction NoArticle CodePromo Basket Sales

P10120
147G10110

My approach for this was trying to do an aggregation with set analysis, making the sales summing part to ignore the selection. And then aggregate by Transaction No, which responds to the selection of promotion, and then by Article code, which ignores the selection of promotion.

My formula is like this:

sum(aggr({<[Promo Name]=>}Sum(Sales),[Transaction No], Concat({<[Promo Name]=>}[Article Code]&' ')))

But it didn't work. Any suggestions on tackling this problem?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The element function named P() gives you the Possible values from the set expression that is inside the P() and make them the selected values on the left-hand-side of the assignment (=) operator in the outer set expression.

So it finds the promo names that are the selected promo names

Sum( {1<[Transaction No]=P({<[Promo Name]=[Promo Name]>})>} Sales)

and it does an associative selection (Qlik calls this an implicit field value definition) from this onto the transaction numbers.

Sum( {1<[Transaction No]=P( {<[Promo Name]=[Promo Name]>} )>} Sales)

There are more examples here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/ChartFunctions/SetAnalysis/set-mod...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This expression should work for you:

2018-08-09 05_16_33-_!! TEMP - My new sheet _ App overview - Qlik Sense.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Petter,

Thanks for the reply! Seems like it worked! Could you explain the logic of this function?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The element function named P() gives you the Possible values from the set expression that is inside the P() and make them the selected values on the left-hand-side of the assignment (=) operator in the outer set expression.

So it finds the promo names that are the selected promo names

and it does an associative selection (Qlik calls this an implicit field value definition) from this onto the transaction numbers.

Sum( {1<[Transaction No]=P( {<[Promo Name]=[Promo Name]>} )>} Sales)

There are more examples here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/ChartFunctions/SetAnalysis/set-mod...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the explaination!