Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitin_01
Creator
Creator

Alternate States ( Only inherited state data should be seen in newly created State)

Dear Experts,

There are two straight table. Inherited and MyState. Both the table should show results on some common filters. Lets say any Year is selected, then this selection should be applied in both the table for selected value in Year field. And data in MyState table  should contain only data present in Inherited State after the selection done in Year field. And how can i show the difference of these two total value's with different state in KPI.

@sunny_talwar  @Gysbert_Wassenaar Would great for asap response.

Regards,

Nitin. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nitin_01
Creator
Creator
Author

Spoiler

Cracked it, i am sure you will understand below code.

Count(  [Participant Code] = P({$} [Participant Code]) * P({My_State<with selection filter criteria>}).

Thanks Sunny for your precious time.

Regards,

Nitin.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand what you have? You have certain filters which impact the individual table and then few filters in inherited state which impact both states? May be this

Sum(Measure) - Sum({MyState<Year = $::Year>} Measure)

Here we are assuming that the KPI object is in inherited state. Sum(Measure) will be driven off Inherited state selection, whereas Sum({MyState<Year = $::Year>} Measure) will be driven off MyState selection except for Year selection which will be driven off Inherited selection. Does that make sense?

Best,
Sunny

nitin_01
Creator
Creator
Author

Glad to hear & Thank you for the response. MyState table should only show data displayed in Inherited state with respect to whatever selection done in Year (i.e. left join in front end - assuming Inherited table as my left table).

Regards,

Nitin.

sunny_talwar

Awesome

nitin_01
Creator
Creator
Author

Spoiler

Cracked it, i am sure you will understand below code.

Count(  [Participant Code] = P({$} [Participant Code]) * P({My_State<with selection filter criteria>}).

Thanks Sunny for your precious time.

Regards,

Nitin.