Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sree1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Alternate method for "Always One Selected Value" for NPrinting Reports

Hello Experts.

I have a working NPrinting setup for generating multiple reports. But is there any other way to restrict the users to select only one single value other than "Always One Selected Value" in Field Settings? Maybe there is a script for it? Anything?
Coz the "Always One Selected Value" is not supported in NPrinting. But I need a work around to only generate one single report in NPrinting once the user selects a unique ID in the Qlik Sense Dashboard Level.

Thank you all in advance.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
williejacobs
Creator
Creator

Hi @Sree1 

You can use variable input from the Qlik Dashboard bundle.
Change your measures to apply the selected value from the input extension.

Hope this works for you.

anat
Master
Master

Do you meant enter one plan number at a time in variable input box instead of using filter box for selection? 

Sree1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @williejacobs / @anat 

I am open to suggestion on how to do it. But, I was thinking my users must see all the records in the filter box, but they should only be able to select one from it. Then they can run the On-Demand report for that record they select.

Thank you

williejacobs
Creator
Creator

Hi @anat / @Sree1 

It would almost work the same as a filter pane.
Select the 'drop down' list from option from the show as option, and dynamic under values.
A list of the dynamic values can then be created from the field you want your user to filter.
It might be easier to create this list in script, I have performed this in in script and on the input.

Something like this
SelectionTable:
Load distinct concat(Field,'|') as 'SelectOption'
Resident Table;

You can then use this created field for the dynamic values.