Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nropelewski
Contributor
Contributor

Always One Selected Value Except for One Chart

In my app, I have a date field that represents the total number of policies as of a specific date.  I would like to use the Always One Selected Value option on this date field because it's 12 month rolling.  However, I would like to provide a line chart to show trending, which is obviously useless if you can only select one point in time.  

Here is an example of my data:

AsOf

Policies_Eligible

Pols_With_Coverage

2/28/2019

3/31/2019

4/30/2019

So as of 2/28/2019, there were 100 eligible policies and 20 policies with the specific coverage.  When the user selects a date range of 2/28/2019-4/30/2019, it would show that we had 200 eligible policies, and 100 policies with the feature, which isn’t correct.  I want to show only one point in time at a time for every chart object in the app, EXCEPT FOR the line chart.  Is there a way to achieve this?  

Labels (2)
4 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

so use an expression like

count({<Date={">=$(=date(addyears(max(Date),-1)))<=$(=date(max(Date)))"}>} Policy)

where you count all values between max date (=selected value) and max date - 1 year

Regards

nropelewski
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Martinpohl,

Sorry, I just updated the post with more information.  My data shows 12 months rolling before being imported into Qlik.

Regards

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You have lots of options. 

1. Use the always one selected and in the line chart expression ignore the AsOf selection.

=count({<AsOf=>} Policies_Eligible)

2. Don't use Always one Selected and in your charts where you want a single date limit to the max AsOf:

=count({<AsOf="$(=Date(Max(AsOf)))">} Policies_Eligible)

3. Use an alternate state for the line chart to allow for a custom AsOf range selection. 

-Rob
http://masterssummit.com
http://qlikviewcookbook.com
http://www.easyqlik.com

nropelewski
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you, Rob!  I didn't think of ignoring the AsOf selections.  I do have some other requirements that cause issues with your proposed solutions..

1. This works, but the chart shows the full range of dates, and I am unable to allow the consumer to make selections.  The data is over several years, so we would want to all selections.

2.  I could do this, but then I'm allowing my users to make multiple selections in the filter pane, but only showing the most recent value.  I could try to make this clear with a text box, but I don't really love that solution.

3.  I planned on using the alternate state for the line chart, but the Always One Selected setting is across all states, so that doesn't solve this particular issue..

Thank you!