Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Always One selected value for two different sheets with different values

Hi All,

I have one filter, Region(with values like South & East) and three different sheets(South, East and All) in QlikSense. 

So  When I am on sheet 1, it should always select one value by default i.e. "South". It should be locked and not visible on the front end to the users. 

When I am on sheet 2, it should always select another value by default i.e. "East". It should be locked and not visible on the front end.

When I am on Sheet 3, it should display all Regions and clear all the selection made in earlier sheets. 

Could you please assist me on this. 

Thanks,

Sagar Kharpude

7 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hi  ,

you can insert region={'South'} in set analysis for south tab , also the same region='East' for another tab. accordingly values will fetched in set analysis.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Vikas,

Can we set the expression for tabs in Sense. Because I was checking the sheet properties. I don't see this option in sense. Can you please send me one sense sample file. 

vikasmahajan

PFA attached sample QVF.

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for sharing the file. But actually this is not the solution what I am looking for.
I have many objects on sheet like Filters, charts, text objects, etc. I can't put this expression in each chart objects.
Better way is to apply one trigger(Regions='East' or 'South') like Qlikview. Clear the value of trigger and change it according to next/previous sheet. But I am not sure if we can set some triggers in sense.
vikasmahajan

use can use apply selections extension available in Qlik Branch / Garden. Use need to create a bookmark and then you can use this extension on every page with diff selections. Please find attached  sample.

Vikas

vikasmahajan

use this extension

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Vikas,
Thanks for sharing the app. I appreciate your help.
I have installed this extension and created bookmark. It's work fine when we navigate to different sheets. Only one problem is, we can't lock the selections.

Thanks,
Sagar Kharpude