Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dineshraj
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Always Selected One in Qlik Sense

Hi Experts,

In my qlik sense application i used always selected one functionality. And I hid the fields with HidePrefix. After my data reload the always one selected functionality got removed. Can anyone tell why this is happening?. The below are samples of my script

Set HidePrefix='%'

Load

Month(Date)&' '&Year(Date) as MonthYr

From ....ABC.qvd;

Rename Field MonthYr into %MonthYr;

3 Replies
AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The steps I took were to :

• Remove the hideprefix ( NB also consider using hidden script tag as it's more flexible )
  • Load the app as normal
  • Enable the field always one value property
  • Select the default value in a filter pane
  • Edit script and re-enable hiding
  • Load the app again

Also watch out if you export the app without data to save the QVF into Git, or even for deployment to higher environments - the property gets wiped ( as happened in QV list boxes ). Possible workaround is to config-drive the load script to allow a FIRST 1 or FIRST n load of each table, and save the vastly reduced app via QMC export.

dineshraj
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Andrew,

I did the same it is working fine. Can i know the root cause why this is happening?

Regards,

Dineshraj R

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could argue it is expected behaviour rather than a bug - was always there in QV too. I guess the object loses the ability to have one value selected when there is no data in the app.