Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Audit, Session and Performance Logs in Sense

Hi All,

I know that Operations monitor app is already provided by Qlik.

But I want to develop the Operations monitor app in Sense as per business requirement.  We have similar application in Qlikview.

In Qlikview we are analyzing Audit, Session and Performance logs details. 

I want to know the location of all these logs files in Sense which are having the same information like Qlikview logs (Audit, Session and Performance logs).

In addition to that, I want to know the apps name and their size in Sense. I was checking this path(Sense\Apps) in server but it's showing only id and not name. For e.g. 00e1ad-fe1a-4sa2-xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx

Could you please assist on this. 

Thanks,

Sagar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The Trace folders contain the log information in an older format that was used by QS 1.x. 

Have a look at the scripts of the monitoring apps to find out what you're interested in and which log files that information is extracted from. 

The online help might have relevant information for you as well: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

The names of the apps are metadata. All the metadata is stored in the Qlik Sense Repository which uses a postgresql database as storage backend. That database is name QSR and managed by a postgresql database management system. Usually that postgresl dbms is installed when you install Qlik Sense.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The log files exist in different folders. In %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\Log you can find a number of subdirectories for the different QS services and their recent log files. The archived log files will be in the windows share you created for you QS installation.

For the names of the apps you'll have to look in the QRS database of the postgresql installation that you use to store the repository data of QS.

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,
Thanks for the quick reply. 🙂
Yes. You are right. It contains number of different sub folders/directories.
Could you please tell me which folders do I need to refer in order to show similar logs information like Qlikview(Audit, Session and Performance logs).
Thanks,
Sagar
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You won't get the same since Qlik Sense has different services. You'll have to decide which logs are relevant to you or not. Session information will be in the log files of the Proxy service. Audit will be in all of them. Performance mostly in the Engine logs.

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for the information. 🙂

I was checking the Engine logs folder. But it again contains the subfolders like Audit, System and Trace. So could you please tell me which logs do I need to consider in order to get performance related information. 

Also same for Proxy logs. It contains the subfolders like Audit, System and Trace. 

And one last question, could you please elaborate your reply regarding Apps location: 

For the names of the apps you'll have to look in the QRS database of the postgresql installation that you use to store the repository data of QS.

Thanks,

Sagar

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The Trace folders contain the log information in an older format that was used by QS 1.x. 

Have a look at the scripts of the monitoring apps to find out what you're interested in and which log files that information is extracted from. 

The online help might have relevant information for you as well: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

The names of the apps are metadata. All the metadata is stored in the Qlik Sense Repository which uses a postgresql database as storage backend. That database is name QSR and managed by a postgresql database management system. Usually that postgresl dbms is installed when you install Qlik Sense.

Arthi_qlik
Contributor
Contributor

I couldnt find the Client Machine Identification,Client Type in the session logs as mentioned below.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

How to get this field in log ?  I want to track users accessing app/dashboard from mobile. Above fields will help or any other solutions

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think those fields mean what you think they mean. And I'm not sure they're required fields either. I think what you're looking for is the UserAgent info from the http headers that the users browser sends. That should be in the audit logs of the proxy service:  C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Proxy\Audit\QLIKSERVER1_AuditActivity_Proxy.txt