Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sogloqlik
Creator II
Creator II

Authorization - User with multiple Titles.

Hi,

I have the Following Requirement:

In our Sales model, We Have authorization levels, Meaning some users can see the whole data (For example: Gross Sales, Discounts and Net Sales) and some Users can see only the gross sales.

The problem is that some users have multiple titles: As a trade manager the can see the entire date for the relevant customers and as Sales area managers they can see only the Gross sales for the relevant customers. Those customers are NOT always identical. 

I can't use OMIT, can't use data reduction and many reports are sent by the NPrinting so I need The NPrinting to consider those limitations.

Any ideas?

An example is attached.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

If you're using section access we've found that you can only use data reduction to show the intersection of data ("and" instead of "or"). We've addressed this by having our section access query identify their highest level of security and grant that and communicated to management that it's can't be "Give me location 'a' and dept 'b'", but it can be "Give me title 'a' and title 'b'". Same reduction field = "or", but multiple reduction field = "and".
If you're using NPrinting and users aren't accessing the app directly your best solution would be to provide multiple reports. The other option would be to create a central linking/fact table that unifies all of your permutations of the various security attributes and has data reduction fields based on the appropriate intersection of values.