Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhuparnadhar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Avoid auto refresh of graph - Alternate states

Hello All,

I have two graphs in one sheet - a line chart and a pivot table. The pivot table uses quite some complex calculations and takes a bit of time to load. There is one filter in the sheet which should change the line chart but the pivot table is not related to it in any way.

To save time for users, I created an alternate state and added it to the filter and the line chart. The pivot table belongs to the <inherited> state by default. But every time when I select any value in the filter, the pivot table also keeps on refreshing and tries to load again. I am using alternate state for the first time and what I know is, since the pivot table does not belong to the created alternate state, it should not react to any selection made in the filter pane.

I cannot use the calculation condition since I want to still display the pivot table but just not refresh it on the filter selection.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks and Regards,

Madhuparna Dhar

Labels (2)
5 Replies
sunny_talwar

If it doesn't have to react to any selection, detaching the pivot table should help

madhuparnadhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @sunny_talwar,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please help me on how to detach an object in Qlik Sense ?

Also there are other filters in the sheet which should change the pivot table. There is just one filter which shouldn't, so I want the pivot table not to refresh on any selection made in that particular filter. Is this something possible to do while detaching an object ?

Regards,

Madhuparna

sunny_talwar

Sorry, I didn't realize that this was Qlik Sense. Let me explore other options

madhuparnadhar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @sunny_talwar ,

Did you manage to find any solution for this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Madhuparna Dhar

sunny_talwar

Sorry, I was not able to find an alternative. May be someone with more experience with Qlik Sense might be able to help better.

Best,
Sunny