Skip to main content

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jheasley
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

BBQ Competition App - Help

Good Evening,

I am part of a competitive BBQ team, and recently started trying to build an app to analyze our previous seasons, as well as prepare for capturing new data for competitions.  I think I may have over-wrought the dataset, and I need some help with the loader and linking.  We have several tables to link and analyze:

Competition Data (key is Comp ID) - this is the basic time/date/location info

Equipment Table (Equip ID) - just assigns equipment Name to Meat Entries and Equipment temperature reading Entries

Events (event ID) - assigns an event name to scores and meat entries

Turn in Times  (Comp ID and Equip ID) - assigns comp/event specific turn-in time

Meat Data (Entry ID) - captures weight of entry, meat type, and where it is cooked

Meat Milestones - (Entry ID) - captures the specific milestone times for each entry

Meat Temp (Entry ID) - captures periodic temperature readings with timestamp

Cooker Temp (Comp ID/Equip ID) - captures periodic cooker temperature readings

Weather Data (comp ID) - captures weather data with timestamps

Comp Results (Comp ID) - captures scores from all teams

I am having trouble with the date aspect of the app.  when I used the auto loader, the dates worked as autodates, but I had a few mods to add in the loader (a canonical date of 'Timeline').  once I modded the loader, the autodates stopped working and broke my visuals.  any help with dates would be appreciated.  I have attached the app for review.  Feel free to ridicule and offer correction on my loader scripting, I am terrible at that part. Also feel free to reach out for questions on the data. Thanks!!

0 Replies