Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sazabi
Creator
Creator

Bar Chart how to display percentage instead of raw value

Greetings Qlik Experts,

I am trying to get a bar chart with 2 dimensions to show the percentages rather than actual values:

Example:

percent relative to dimensioning.png

The bars' length are still sized by a raw value, but we would like to see the percentage breakout respective to each dimension value.

Thoughts?

S

3 Replies
skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

The measure will be  Sum(Value)/Sum(TOTAL <Dim> Value)  and format the expression for percentage.

Sazabi
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Skamath1, 

For me, doing:

sum(Value)/ sum(Total Value) 

results in a bar chart ranging from 0 to 1 with each segment broken by dimension 2.

The percentages of this is what I am looking for, but I still want the bars to vary in length as if it was being plotted by sum(Value)

The reason for this is that we want to see the magnitude of differences between dimension 1 while still understanding per bar, the percentage of each segment contributing to that dimension 1. 

skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

You have to include the <Dim> after the total. Replace the Dim with the name of your first dimension field name. Also change the measure format to use percentage

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/defin...