Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavin_kite
Partner - Contributor III

Binary Loads in Qlik Sense

Hi 

I need to do a binary load from a Qlik Sense App to another QS app but the Qlik help isn't really helping me much.

The issue I have is that the apps stored in Qlik Sense don't appear to be stored as QVF's on our server, they seem to be stored as .FILE

QS1.jpg

So When I try to create a connection to the file, the format is not recognised. I seem to remember that when you export these files, they convert to QVF's? I can do this and save somewhere but then how would this exported file get refreshed so that my binary load is always getting latest data?

What am I missing?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

Gavin,

The easiest way to accomplish this is to create a 'Folder' connection to the path where the applications are stored.  You can then perform a Binary Load using the folder connection.

1.  Create folder data connection:

Connection.png

2.  Perform Binary Load in your script.

Binary [lib://AppFolder/07efdb08-21e6-47b1-a66b-784c6e72bcfa];

Hope this helps.

Kevin ......

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

Gavin,

The easiest way to accomplish this is to create a 'Folder' connection to the path where the applications are stored.  You can then perform a Binary Load using the folder connection.

1.  Create folder data connection:

Connection.png

2.  Perform Binary Load in your script.

Binary [lib://AppFolder/07efdb08-21e6-47b1-a66b-784c6e72bcfa];

Hope this helps.

Kevin ......

gavin_kite
Author

Thanks for the reply Kevin and managed to get it to work following your advice 😀

I think my confusion was when I used the 'Select Data' option from the connection and tried to use the Wizard to import the file as below but if you ignore this and just use Binary [lib://Binary Load Connection (******_****)/c373df57-ae65-40d7-b155-f7320bf53aad] it loads fine! Happy days! Thank you

QS2.jpg