Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator

Build Qlik sense data modal

Hi All,

Have a nice day...!

i have 40 tables in my application and all are dimensions tables 

Suppose i have 5 entities in my project. Trials , Project Trials Country Trials ,Vendor Trials, Escalated trails

here for trails i have tables like his

Trial Info Table--> Trial Info Id, Trial ID, 

Trial Risk/Issues table,--> Trial Risk/Issue ID, Trial ID, Created Date, Updated date (Respective of this table dates)

Trial Map table-->Trial MapID, Trial Risk/Issue ID,Created Date, Updated date(Respective of this table dates)

Trial Action table, --> Trial Action ID, Trial Risk/Issue ID, Created Date, Updated date(Respective of this table dates)

Like this i have tables for other entities also...

How can i create data modal , which one is the best to create data modal .

Would you please any one help here for creating good data model.

1 Reply
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense Engine works best with fact tables that are surrounded by a single level of dimension tables. If your example above, it looks like you are dealing with a snowflake schema instead of a star schema (QS preferred method). If Trial Info is your fact table (has your measures) then you'd want to join your Trial Risk/Issues table with the Trial Map table and Trial Action table to have a single dimension to join to your Trial Info table.

The scope of your question is huge and I'm not sure what "respective of this table dates" means, but Qlik has a two day data modeling course that I highly recommend you take to get a good grasp of the best practices in this regard.