Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III

Bypassing Section access for some sheets

Hello Everyone,

Please help me with the below as i am not able to figure out a way please:-

I have section access applied at company code , for instance:-

ACCESS USERIDControl

Company

USERAD\NACHO.MARTINEZ<ANY>0701
USERAD\NACHO.MARTINEZ<ANY>8100

Now these users can only see the data for the mentioned company codes. 

But for some sheets , i want them to see the data for all the companies.

So, is there any way that we can bypass the section access rule for some sheets.

Please please help, have searched everywhere , did not find anything. Please help.

@Kushal_Chawda @sunny_talwar 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

The access is applied upon opening the document, so you cannot bypass it on specific sheets.  You have two options here:

1. Load the data you don't want to apply the section access to as a data island (not connected to the data that you have applied the section access to)
  2. Create a second app that contains the data you want visible to all and implement document chaining to send them from one app to the other

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Nicole-Smith

The access is applied upon opening the document, so you cannot bypass it on specific sheets.  You have two options here:

1. Load the data you don't want to apply the section access to as a data island (not connected to the data that you have applied the section access to)
  2. Create a second app that contains the data you want visible to all and implement document chaining to send them from one app to the other