Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate running totals for a line chart with a continuous (time) x-axis dimension.

I am a newbie with a question about how to calculate cumulative (running) totals for a line chart with a continuous (time) x-axis dimension. I have a model with 1 table joined to a regular master calendar table. The columns of interest for my report in the main table are (account) Amount and 'Account Type'. I want to plot 'Month/Year' as x-axis and amount as Y-axis. I have an 'Account Type' dimension with 3 values (obligated, expenditure, committed) so I want to show these as 3 lines. The report shows the plot points for sum(Amount) fine but I want to get the running amount total for each account type across the time dimension. I tried using RangeSum(Above()) but nothing changed on the report, I assume because I really need to sort it by Account Type / Date. When I try that I get (depending on the report type) either a message that you can't change sorting for a continuous dimension OR it switches Month/Year and 'Account Type' so 'Account Type' is now the x-axis. Can someone help me work out how to calculate a running total for Amount across month/year for each 'Account Type'? Thanks.

0 Replies