cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rexhina
Contributor II
Contributor II

Calculating monthly reports and more than one month together

I have this  data in QS and a monthly filter pane in QS (Last advance)

name stage 1  stage 2  Last advance  month 
Ana X 1.10.2021 - 1.10.2021 October 
Ana X 1.10.2021 3.11.2021 3.11.2021 November 

When I do my monthly calculations the data are clean and no duplications.  In case I chose more then one month then the data overlap and I have duplications. What I want to do is that in the moment that I chose more than one month I want my calculations to be made only for distinct values between months.

For example when I choose OCTOBER I have one stage 1 . When I chose NOVEMBER I HAVE ONE STAGE 1 , BUT when I'm going to chose  OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER I WANT TO AUTOMATICALLY HAVE STILL ONE STAGE 1 not 2  ,BECAUSE IN THIS CASE WE ARE TALKING FOR THE SAME PERSON. 

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You could apply distinct, e.g. count(distinct name), but the specific formulas and syntax depend on what exactly you're trying to achieve, which isn't clear from your post.

rexhina
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

i want for example count (stage 1 ) , but only for the distinct names , so to count  stage 1 only  for the latest  (last advance ) when i chose both months . but when i chose the month separately to normally count stage 1 . 

rexhina
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

i have a complicated app that i have created  it works very well monthly , but in the moment that i choose more then one month , the numbers change (it just makes a sum of both months lets say ). what i want is that in the moment i have more than one month chosen   i want all my calculations to be based on unique values of names so i don't want to have duplications between months (i have duplication between one month and i keep them because i need them ). 

Or
MVP
MVP

Sounds like you can just count(distinct Name) then. Assuming Stage1 can't be null, this is the same thing.