Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Can i do app devlopment on Qlik Sense Desktop and then import it into QlikSense Enterprise ?

Hi All,

Technically I know that we can do development on QS Desktop and import .qvf file into Qlik Sense Enterprise using QMC.

But what i am actually looking for is:

1) Is it recommended ?

2) If there are any issue will that be supported by Qlik?

3) What possible issues can occur?

I know version difference between QS Desktop and Enterprise may result in limitation of some features, but any bigger challenge that i should be worried about?

Regards

Sushant

2 Replies
Yousef_Amarneh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

As long as you are using same version then you will not face any issues, but you need to take care about the below:

- If you are using any extension you have to import it to Qlik enterprise using the QMC

- If you are reading from local files on your PC (Excel, QVD, etc..) you have to copy them to the server or to a network shared drive and create the connections for them

- You need to create all the connections that you are using qvf file (QVDs directory, DB connections, Excel file directory etc..), and you need to make sure to give it same names 

- If you are using impeded images you need to import them to a library using Qlik QMC, then you will need to change the path of the image if you are using it in a report

Finally, I recommend to work directly on the enterprise version, it's much easier and safer for you if you have access to it, also no need to spend time to reconfigure the connections and the files etc..

Yousef Amarneh
imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Yousef, any other major impediment you can think of?