Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javiersassen
Partner - Contributor III

Can't edit KPI visualization

I think my app got corrupted somehow.

I have 5 KPI visualizations on a sheet. They still work, making selections alters the value of the KPI.
When trying to edit the KPI's, the properties don't show on the right hand side.
Same thing happens when adding a new KPI, I cannot modify them. I've attached a screenshot.

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Regards,
Javier

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
denniste
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @javiersassen 

Just letting you know that this is not an isolated incident.  We've also been impacted with the KPI object(native) not editable after we've upgrade QlikSense to the latest Nov2020 Patch 3 version.

I was going through and testing why it was still not working even after the data and all sheets were removed.  Eventually, it dawned on me that it impacted only apps that were using custom themes. So after changing it to the Qlik provided theme, the KPI object properties started showing on the right side of the page.  You can change it back after you've made the changes.

Hope this workaround helps.  I'll provide the theme extension to Qlik Support so that they can fix it.

Dennis

Dennis

View solution in original post

4 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @javiersassen 

- Are other object types affected, or is it only KPIs?
- Is it the stock Qlik KPI object, or an extension?
- Have you tried refreshing the browser (usually F5)?

I've seen Sense be slow to change from the sheet properties to the object properties before, but never seen it not get there in the end.

Hope you get it sorted.

Steve

denniste
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @javiersassen 

Just letting you know that this is not an isolated incident.  We've also been impacted with the KPI object(native) not editable after we've upgrade QlikSense to the latest Nov2020 Patch 3 version.

I was going through and testing why it was still not working even after the data and all sheets were removed.  Eventually, it dawned on me that it impacted only apps that were using custom themes. So after changing it to the Qlik provided theme, the KPI object properties started showing on the right side of the page.  You can change it back after you've made the changes.

Hope this workaround helps.  I'll provide the theme extension to Qlik Support so that they can fix it.

Dennis

Dennis

javiersassen
Author

We found out the exact same thing yesterday.. I started with a blank app and pasted the sheets of the original dashboard in there. Everything worked fine up till the point where I chose a custom theme. Thanks for the response, I've been looking at differences between the standard themes and in the documentation of Qlik Sense for creating custom themes and to the documentation of Qlik on creating custom themes but can't find any mistake we made.

Thanks for the workaround,
Have a good one!

Javier

PriyankaM08
Contributor II
Contributor II

We were facing the same problem with Qlik Sense latest updates. We then found out that problem was with custom themes. In our custom theme we had below code which created problem.

2021-12-29_15-29-38.jpg

We then set the "ui" property as below and it solved our problem.

2021-12-29_15-36-59.jpg